• Bookstore
  • Profile
  • Cart
  • Search

How to transfer your services to your new home without having to rehire them

Posted by excelr Tuhin

Back to Conversations


If your goal is to avoid the process of canceling a service, to rehire it once your move is complete, this information will help you not waste time with these processes.

Starting a life in a new home is a process that requires many changes, so dealing with the companies that provided services in your old home can be a tedious task. However, transferring some contracts that you had in your old home is possible without the need to cancel the service and saving valuable time.

On the other hand, if you feel that you spent a lot of money paying for your supplies and you want to change this, here are some tips that you can take into account for your new home.

What do you need to move the services of a house?

  1. Verify that the new house has access to your services
  2. Carry out a change of owner
  3. Notify your new location to the company
  4. Verify that the service they provide you is the same as the previous one

1. Verify that the new house has access to your services

In case you are not sure of the services available in your new home, research which companies are located in the area and compare them with the ones you had already contracted.

This will help you make a list of those services of your preference that you can count on in the process of moving and that you will have to renew to offer better rates or be closer.

For example:

Gas: Since most of these companies do not request the signing of a contract, the delivery service may not have a route near your new location, so it will be necessary to call the central offices to request filling of your tanks at Blue world city.

- Telephone / Internet: Internet services, despite being highly required in recent years, have technology that affects the speed and efficiency of home installations, so some may not offer telephone services. for all the neighborhoods in your city.

2. Know the corresponding processes

If there was an owner before you, you must make sure that, when selling the house, it does not get rid of the previous service contracts since the only thing that needs to be done in cases such as contracting electricity and water is to start a process of change of ownership. These procedures require specific roles depending on the company:

Light service: to do this and contract the light, you need papers such as official identification, a written request for change, drawn up by the new owner and with the description of the requested procedure, a copy of the old owner's ID and a meter reading with the date the procedure is carried out.

Drinking water service: very important papers are needed such as property title, public deed, notarized purchase-sale contract, official identification, simple power of attorney and proof of the Public Registry of Property.

- Telephone / internet service: in some companies the last three payment vouchers are required, four months old using the service and the official identification of the new owner, as well as a copy of the old one.

3. Notify your new location to the company

It is necessary that you be precise with the location and details of your new house at Dha Peshawar so that the people who will install or reconnect these services are located properly and can work efficiently.

Likewise, be sure to present your contract at the time of installation or when you go to pay for the service, to avoid confusion and misunderstandings due to the change of owner.

4. Verify that the service provided is the same as the previous one

It is possible that you have to pay for the procedures carried out and that the company does not make the changes immediately, it avoids confusion by being aware of the rates you pay the first months after moving.

It is possible that not all the services you had in your old house can be moved without extra paperwork or visits to the branches, but there are some that are carried out easily and that will allow you to focus on other aspects of your move.

In addition to these there are other services that you may need, for example, plumbing or masonry. In this article we give you a guide to make your own directory in case you need specialized help if you find damage to your new home.