BK Magazine BK Life
Posted by Jeevan Sivasubramaniam, Managing Director, Editorial, Berrett-Koehler Publishers Inc.
Lynda Gratton is considered to be one of the top fifty business thinkers in the world today. Her latest book focuses on how to identify and foster people in organizations who "glow." These people radiate enthusiasm and positivity, and are key to any organization's success.
Here are Lynda's five ways to recognize a glower:
1. You will feel their good natured cooperation and their capacity to give you their time and attention…they truly practice the habits of cooperation.
2. They will surprise you by their breadth of experiences and the wide range and engaging stories they tell…they have collected many ideas from the different people they know.
3. You remain engaged in meaningful conversation with them … they give you time and you enjoy their company.
4. You find yourself volunteering to work with them … they have a vision which really excites and intrigues you.
5. You find yourself drawn to them through the questions they ask … these resonate with you and you know them to be courageous and important
Do these sound like anyone you know? What are your thoughts?